At Takaful Brunei, we believe in a zero tolerance to fraud. We are committed to ensure that opportunities for illegal acts are minimised. When a fraud is detected we will investigate and seek to take disciplinary and/or legal action against those who commit or assist anyone committing fraud by working closely with relevant authorities.
Disclosure of Information
In accordance to AMBD Fraud Risk Management Guidelines with reference TIU/G-4/2018/9 dated 24th December 2018, we wish to remind our customers the following:
- To disclose all the facts in the proposal forms fully and faithfully, otherwise the Takaful Certificates issued hereunder may be void.
- If any claim made under the Takaful Certificate is in anyway fraudulent or if any false declaration is made to support a claim, the Takaful Certificate shall be forfeited and Takaful Brunei shall be under no obligation to make any payment of claims.
- Takaful Brunei shall report any suspected or confirmed fraudulent cases to AMBD.
What you should be aware of during any business transactions at Takaful Brunei
For any business transaction, please ensure you are being served by Takaful Brunei’s authorised representative wearing a company identification tag printed with their name.
To participate in our takaful cover or plan, please complete the Proposal Form and ensure:
• Correct correspondence address, mobile number and email address
• True and correct details of cover to avoid any claim disputes
• Understand and sign the Declaration and ‘Akad’
• Ask any questions to the authorised representative for any clarifications
Upon completion of your business transaction with us, please ensure you receive the following documents:
• Takaful Schedule detailing your particulars and details of cover
• Authentic Official Receipt as proof of payment
• Takaful Certificate wordings* (downloadable via www.takafulbrunei.com.bn)
*if physical copy provided
Contact Us / Feedback
If you want to contact us or require any further enquiries,
call our TBA Call Centre at 224 4000
AMBD warns of fake insurance, Takaful policies
THE Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam (AMBD) has found that there have been recent fraudulent incidents involving the sale of insurance/Takaful policies by unlicensed insurance/Takaful agents or other persons to the public.
In some cases, individuals only discovered that the policies are fake when trying to submit claims or obtain information on the insurance/Takaful policy from the insurance companies/Takaful operators.
(2016, November 25). AMBD warns of fake insurance, Takaful policies. Borneo Bulletin. Retrieved from http://borneobulletin.com.bn/