At Takaful Brunei, we believe in a zero tolerance to fraud. We are committed to ensure that opportunities for illegal acts are minimised. When a fraud is detected we will investigate and seek to take disciplinary and/or legal action against those who commit or assist anyone committing fraud by working closely with relevant authorities.
In accordance to BDCB Fraud Risk Management Guidelines with reference TIU/G-4/2018/9 dated 24th December 2018, we wish to remind our customers the following:
- To disclose all the facts in the proposal forms fully and faithfully, otherwise the Takaful Certificates issued hereunder may be void.
- If any claim made under the Takaful Certificate is in anyway fraudulent or if any false declaration is made to support a claim, the Takaful Certificate shall be forfeited and Takaful Brunei shall be under no obligation to make any payment of claims.
- Takaful Brunei shall report any suspected or confirmed fraudulent cases to BDCB.
Syarikat Takaful Brunei Darussalam Sdn Bhd and its subsidiaries, Takaful Brunei Am Sdn Bhd and Takaful Brunei Keluarga Sdn Bhd (collectively referred to as “Takaful Brunei”) understands the importance of having controls in place to handle, protect and safeguard customers’ personal data and information. We view your trust and confidence in us to properly handle your personal data as an important asset.
Collection of Data
Takaful Brunei collects and stores data as follows:
- When you provide information to us directly;
- When you use our services; or
- When you provide it to us through other means.
We may also lawfully obtain or collect personal data about you from affiliated entities, business partners and other independent third parties’ sources.
Personal data that we collect may include data that could potentially be used to identify (such as full name and identity card number), locate (such as home address and location services history) or contact (such as phone and email) you.
You are expected to ensure the accuracy of the information provided to us.
Use of Data
Takaful Brunei uses the data collected from you for the following purposes:
- To provide you access to the contents on the website, apps or social media platforms;
- To design new and enhance existing products, information and services provided by us;
- To communicate with you on any administrative and technical communications;
- For statistical or actuarial research undertaken by us, the financial industry or our regulators;
- For data analytics, data matching, internal business and administrative purposes;
- To monitor your use of the website/apps/social media platforms and conduct analysis of the use of the website in order to operate, evaluate and improve the website and our services, understand your preferences and troubleshoot any problems;
- To any governmental or regulatory authorities to meet requirements imposed by applicable laws and regulations;
- To provide recommendations of relevant products, information and services;
- Other purposes as notified at the time of collection; and
- Other purposes directly relating to any of the above.
Takaful Brunei may retain your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it is collected or as otherwise required to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Takaful Brunei applies reasonable security measures to prevent unauthorized or accidental access, processing, erasure, loss or use including limiting physical access to data within Takaful Brunei’s systems and encryption of sensitive data when transferring such data. Reasonable steps will be taken to delete or destroy the information when it is no longer necessary for any of the purpose above.
Cookies are small text containing small amounts of information which are downloaded and may be stored on any of your web browsers or internet enabled devices (such as your computer, smartphone or tablet) that can later be read by the server.